This page is maintained by Paulova Arteaga
TL;DR: This page lists our current culture initiatives at Wonder.
- Team events
- Among Us, October 2020
- Mafia, November 2020
- Wonder Christmas Olympics, December 2020
- Painting Course, March 2020
- Hi All!: getting together in our virtual office
- Team entertainment budget
- Brown bean bag lunch
- Andrey on Surfing
- Stephane on Doing your Tax Declaration
- Andrew on his Tattoos, Life and Anthroposophy
- General nonsense
Here is an example of things that shape our culture. Some of those are "engineered", others just come naturally from the team.
We get together virtually each month to play games. Team events are always organised by someone else in the team. Here are some examples of recent events
Among Us, October 2020
Mafia, November 2020
Wonder Christmas Olympics, December 2020
Painting Course, March 2020
Hi All!: getting together in our virtual office
Every day, we meet at the office for 15 minutes to meet and talk.
Team entertainment budget
To support team-building, we're giving people a budget to organise their own team-building events. Here is how it works:
- Each person on the team has a budget of 150 EUR.
- People can spend their budget on any team-event that is remote-friendly (i.e. people can participate, no matter where they are based) and that involves at least 3 people from Wonder.
- They can spend their own budget, or the budget of other participating team members.
- One example of such a team event was our Mount Everest challenge where teams were trying to outcompete each other by the number of kilometers they ran, walked and biked during one week.
Brown bean bag lunch
Every week we meet for the lunch with one presenter, who is keen to share/present any topic of their desire. It can be anything: new approach of hiring, new super-duper learning of the past week, new cooking recipe, how to brew home beer, how to be better in running etc. Format: short 15-20 min presentation about selected topic, Q&A.
Andrey on Surfing
Stephane on Doing your Tax Declaration
Andrew on his Tattoos, Life and Anthroposophy
Most people think they are funnier than average, but we actually are. As the Germans say: das Leben ist eines der Härtesten ("life is one of the hardest"), so no reason to take yourself too seriously.